Historic Walking Tour Sunday 19 November 2023 – Hitchin Worthies
THIS TICKET IS FOR SUNDAY 19TH NOVEMBER 2023
Hitchin Worthies: This tour starts at the memorial to Hitchin’s historian and ghost hunter, Reginald Hine. Not a household name himself, but Hitchin does have its share of distinguished residents and visitors. The tour includes the house of the first man to translate the Iliad into English, pioneering surgeon Joseph Lister’s school, a unique building saved by a Bletchley Park code-breaker and the place where Henry VIII fled, naked, from a fire!
Tickets: £7.50 Adult / £5.00 Child (under 15's)
Meet outside Hitchin Information Office, 1a Churchyard, Hitchin SG5 1HR
By purchasing this ticket you agree to the following Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions:
- Attendees must be prepared to walk approximately 1 mile around Hitchin town centre, and wear footwear that is suitable for various (and often uneven) walkways, together with appropriate clothing for the prevailing weather conditions on the evening. Guided Walks will proceed in all but the most exceptional of weather conditions (attendees will be notified in advance if there is a need to cancel in this situation).
- Whilst every effort is made to adopt safe routes, potential hazards such as uneven walkways, and weather related hazards may be encountered which attendees must be alert to and take care to avoid.
- Attendees will follow the instructions of the host(s) at all times and pay full attention to the safety briefing at the start of the walk.
- Responsibility for any vulnerable persons (e.g. people with physical or medical conditions) rests entirely with the person who booked the tickets.
- All minors are to be accompanied by an adult who will be responsible for their safety, welfare and behaviour. We accept no responsibility for the acts or omissions of Guided Walk attendees.
- The activity involves proximity to moving traffic. Attendees are responsible for maintaining awareness of traffic hazards and avoiding risk of harm to themselves or others.
- For safety reasons, discussions will be avoided whilst walking between scheduled points of interest.
- Tickets are issued for a specific event and cannot be refunded or deferred to any other date without confirmation from the Hitchin Information Office.
- Refunds or deferral of tickets will only be considered if a request is received by Hitchin Information by 12:00noon at least 7 calendar days before the original event.
- If ticket holders find that they are unable to attend, and the scheduled event is within 7 days, tickets may be transferred to friends or family, although where possible, please notify the Hitchin Information Office of the names of the replacement attendees. No refund will be given for tickets transferred from adult to child.