Historic Hitchin Tour Ticket, Tuesday 25 April
*THIS TICKET IS FOR TUESDAY 25th April 2023 and starts at 7pm*
From High Street to Dead Street: This walk looks at how Hitchin's rich and poor lived close together but worlds apart. Discover how wool, banking and brewing made fortunes for some, but, just a few streets away, others lived in poverty. Discover how people lived in the many slums and alleys and how their lives were improved by public health reforms and education. The tour looks at some of the town's most high status buildings and the few remaining echoes of Dead Street!
Tickets: £7.50 Adult £5.00 Child under 18's .
Meet outside Hitchin Information Office, 1a Churchyard, Hitchin SG5 1HR
By purchasing this ticket you agree to the following Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
- Attendees must be prepared to walk approximately 1 mile around Hitchin town centre, and wear footwear that is suitable for various (and often uneven) walkways, together with appropriate clothing for the prevailing weather conditions on the evening. Guided Walks will proceed in all but the most exceptional of weather conditions (attendees will be notified in advance if there is a need to cancel in this situation).
- Whilst every effort is made to adopt safe routes, potential hazards such as uneven walkways, and weather related hazards may be encountered which attendees must be alert to and take care to avoid.
- Attendees will follow the instructions of the host(s) at all times and pay full attention to the safety briefing at the start of the walk.
- Responsibility for any vulnerable persons (e.g. people with physical or medical conditions) rests entirely with the person who booked the tickets.
- All minors are to be accompanied by an adult who will be responsible for their safety, welfare and behaviour. We accept no responsibility for the acts or omissions of Guided Walk attendees.
- The activity involves proximity to moving traffic. Attendees are responsible for maintaining awareness of traffic hazards and avoiding risk of harm to themselves or others.
- For safety reasons, discussions will be avoided whilst walking between scheduled points of interest.
- Tickets are issued for a specific event and cannot be refunded or deferred to any other date without confirmation from the Hitchin Information Office.
- Refunds or deferral of tickets will only be considered if a request is received by Hitchin Information by 12:00noon at least 7 calendar days before the original event.
- If ticket holders find that they are unable to attend, and the scheduled event is within 7 days, tickets may be transferred to friends or family, although where possible, please notify the Hitchin Information Office of the names of the replacement attendees. No refund will be given for tickets transferred from adult to child.